Church Update, April 2, 2020
Dear Church Family,
I continue to pray for you everyday and throughout the day. I'm praying for you and your family's safety, health, work, finances, and your walk with Jesus. There's quite a bit to share with you, so I'll get right to it. Here is your church update! (in no particular order)
1. Julian Lemaster - I was waiting to talk with Iva before I sent this email out. Julian has had a really tough week. The best way I can describe it is a rollercoaster with days of progress and days of major setbacks. Over the last 24 hours, we have seen a little bit of progress. The most important thing is for all of us to keep praying diligently for Julian’s recovery. They so appreciate your prayers.
2. Guess what arrived! That's right, our church directories! I also know many of you are wanting your Sabbath School quarterlies. We are working on a way to get these things to you. Be watching for that in another update next week.
3. In the meantime, you can access Sabbath School lessons at ssnet.org or you can download the Sabbath School App below:
For Kids! Pacific Press has made their children’s magazines and lessons free for download.
4. Pastor Chris Barr, the Health Ministries director of the Montana Conference, has put together Protocols for Virus Prevention. You can read it here.
5. Some of you have been asking when we will resume church services in person. We will continue to follow the recommendations of the CDC as well as our State Officials and Conference. As of right now, we do not have a tentative date to return.
6. Just a reminder, our online worship service goes live on Sabbath mornings at 11:00 a.m. at live.billingsadventist.com
7. 3D Printed Masks - I’m not sure if any of you have 3D Printers, but a church member wanted me to share that if you have one, it’s time to start using it to print medical masks. You can find more info here.
8. I am in need of “Happy Sabbath” videos for the online worship service. You can record on your phone and send them my direction please :)
9. It Is Written Online Evangelistic Series - John Bradshaw is hosting an online evangelistic series this month. We are trying to team up with other churches in eastern Montana to do some online advertising to spread the word about the series. Would you keep this matter in prayer? I will share more information as it becomes available.
10. Dwell App - Have you had a chance to listen to the Dwell App (Audio Bible) yet? Tell me what you think! If you haven’t signed up for it yet, you can click here to get started.
I think that about wraps it up. If I missed something, it will be in our next update. I look forward to being with you online Sabbath morning. We will continue our series called “Remember!”
God’s abundant blessings! Stay healthy and well!
Pastor Stephen Carlile
Planning and Responding to a Pandemic Event Webinar
Our safety officer, Jeffery Johnson, hosted a webinar entitled "Planning and Responding to a Pandemic Event"
The webinar discusses the issues related to Pandemic Event Preparation and Response from an Emergency Management aspect. Learn what meaningful steps can be taken to protect yourself, your friends and loved ones.
Thank you Jeffery and True North Strategic Consultants for hosting and sharing this information.
There are many common-sense steps that you can take to limit the spread of COVID-19. For 80% of cases, it is a relatively mild illness that does not require hospitalization. While there is currently no way to eliminate COVID-19, we can slow down its spread and protect our vulnerable population by:
Washing your hands frequently with soap and water (singing the Happy Birthday song twice will ensure you’ve scrubbed long enough).
Not touching your face (mouth, nose, eyes) with your hands.
Staying home if you feel sick until the illness is resolved.
Covering all coughs and sneezes with a tissue and wash your hands thoroughly afterward.
Staying away from others who are ill when possible.